- Applications for the 2016 IMATU-Discovery/LA HEALTH Bursary Scheme closed on 26 February 2016. We are glad to announce that all 100 bursaries have been awarded!
- The next IMATU National Special Recruitment Campaign will be running from 1 September 2016 – 31 October 2016.
- IMATU submitted comments on the Draft NHI White Paper, to the National Department of Health (NDOH) on 31 May 2016.
- The Minister of Cooperative Governance and Traditional Affairs (COGTA) has issued the Municipal Structures Amendment Bill (GG Notice No. 40017 / 25 May 2016) for public comment with notification of intention to table it in the National Assembly.
- With effect from 1 July 2016, adjustments, in terms of the Salary and Wage Collective Agreement, will be as follows:
No Item Increase 1 Salary Increase 6% across the board. 2 Minimum Wage Increases by 6% to R6 375.83 3 Home Owners Allowance Increases by 6% to R742.00 4 Medical Aid Subsidy of employees who receive an employer contribution of less than R3 871.00 Increases by 3% capped at a maximum of R3 871.00. Maximum medical aid subsidy remains unchanged at R3 871.00 5 Employer contribution rate to defined contribution pension funds. Remains at 18% of basic salary. Higher contribution rates remain protected.
To download a particular document, click on it’s name.
For a list of all documents available, click on the “View all documents” button.