The Independent Municipal and Allied Trade Union (IMATU) remains open to a fair wage offer as it heads into the conciliation meeting in Durban, tomorrow morning. After a dispute was declared last month, wage negotiations are proceeding as a formal dispute resolution process. Members of the South African Local Government Bargaining Council (SALGBC) are attending […]
The Independent Municipal and Allied Trade Union (IMATU) welcomes the National Energy Regulator of South Africa’s (NERSA) refusal to grant Eskom a further electricity tariff increase. “As a union representing employees in the local government sector throughout South Africa, we are able to see the effects electricity price increases have on both our members and […]
The Independent Municipal and Allied Trade Union (IMATU) condemns Eskom’s latest application for a 25.3% electricity tariff increase and urges the National Energy Regulator of South Africa (NERSA) to dismiss this request. “Eskom has already been granted a 12.69% tariff increase for 2015/2016 period. Not only is a further increase in electricity unaffordable, but this […]
This is an update on the current status of wage negotiations. It was previously reported that the wage negotiations will proceed from here as a formal dispute process and that the bargaining council will schedule a conciliation meeting for this purpose. The conciliation meeting has now been scheduled for 2-3 July 2015. The conciliator appointed […]
This is an update on the current status of the wage negotiations. The 4th round of wage negotiations, which was originally scheduled for 17-19 June 2015, has now been cancelled. This is due to the fact that one of the parties declared a dispute. This means that wage negotiations will now proceed as a formal […]
- Applications for the 2015 IMATU-Discovery/LA HEALTH Bursary Scheme closed on 16 February 2015. We are glad to announce that all 100 bursaries have been awarded!
- The IMATU National Special Recruitment Campaign will be running from 1 April 2015 – 31 May 2015
- The second round of the 2015/2016 Wage Negotiations took place on 21 – 23 April 2015 in Durban.
- The next round of wage negotiations is scheduled for 26, 27 and 28 May 2015 in Cape Town.
- The Minister of Cooperative Governance and Traditional Affairs (COGTA) has, in terms of Section 36 of the Regulations on Appointment and Conditions of Service of Senior Managers, issued a notice (GG Notice No 38740-26/04/2015) determining the Local Government Remuneration Framework packages payable to Municipal Managers and Managers directly accountable to Municipal Managers with effect from 1 July 2015.
- The Labour Relations Act 66 of 1995 has been amended by the Legal Aid Act 39 of 2014 with effect from 1 March 2015.
To download a particular document, click on it’s name.
For a list of all documents available, click on the “View all documents” button.