The Independent Municipal and Allied Trade Union (IMATU) is pleased that an agreement has been reached in the South African Local Government Bargaining Council (SALGBC) regarding a multi-year wage agreement.
“While we submitted our acceptance of the Facilitator’s Proposal on 27 July 2015, our acceptance was in principle, and subject to all parties accepting the Proposal. In addition, our acceptance was subject to the parties convening a technical working group to craft a mutually acceptable salary and wage collective agreement,” explained General Secretary Johan Koen.
The Independent Municipal and Allied Trade Union (IMATU) joins the rest of our nation in celebrating Women’s Day today.
While this day acknowledges the progressive steps South Africa has taken to uplift and empower our women, it is also a day to remember what still needs to be achieved going forward.
IMATU has accepted the facilitator’s proposal, in principle. We have, this morning, communicated our acceptance of the proposal to all the negotiating parties and the bargaining council. We further indicated that our acceptance of the proposal is subject to the following: • That a technical working group be convened to craft a mutually acceptable salary […]
The Independent Municipal and Allied Trade Union (IMATU) has accepted the Facilitator’s Wage Increase Proposal. “While we submitted our acceptance of the Facilitator’s Proposal today, our acceptance is in principle, and subject to all parties accepting the Proposal. In addition, our acceptance is subject to parties convening a technical working group to craft a mutually […]
The Independent Municipal and Allied Trade Union (IMATU) will be joining fellow South Africans in celebrating Mandela Day on 18 July 2015. “Each year we are reminded of the 67 years of his life that the late Nelson Mandela gave fighting for the rights of humanity, equality, justice and democracy all South Africans enjoy today. […]
- Applications for the 2015 IMATU-Discovery/LA HEALTH Bursary Scheme closed on 16 February 2015. We are glad to announce that all 100 bursaries have been awarded!
- The IMATU National Special Recruitment Campaign will be running from 1 April 2015 – 31 May 2015
- The second round of the 2015/2016 Wage Negotiations took place on 21 – 23 April 2015 in Durban.
- The next round of wage negotiations is scheduled for 26, 27 and 28 May 2015 in Cape Town.
- The Minister of Cooperative Governance and Traditional Affairs (COGTA) has, in terms of Section 36 of the Regulations on Appointment and Conditions of Service of Senior Managers, issued a notice (GG Notice No 38740-26/04/2015) determining the Local Government Remuneration Framework packages payable to Municipal Managers and Managers directly accountable to Municipal Managers with effect from 1 July 2015.
- The Labour Relations Act 66 of 1995 has been amended by the Legal Aid Act 39 of 2014 with effect from 1 March 2015.
To download a particular document, click on it’s name.
For a list of all documents available, click on the “View all documents” button.