The Independent Municipal and Allied Trade Union (IMATU) is deeply saddened by the deaths of Johannesburg firefighters Michael Letsosa and Dan Zwane. These two firefighters tragically lost their lives while battling a blaze that broke out in a building on Albertina Sisulu Street over the weekend.
“IMATU would like to extend its deepest sympathies to the families, friends and colleagues of Michael and Dan. We can confirm that Dan was one of our members and the effects of this loss will be far reaching,” stated IMATU General Secretary, Johan Koen.
The Independent Municipal and Allied Trade Union (IMATU) has noted the decision to appoint Danny Jordaan as Mayor of the Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality. Jordaan will replace Ben Fihla and this will be the fourth mayoral appointment in six years. “As an independent trade union organising in local government, we are less concerned with which […]
The Independent Municipal and Allied Trade Union (IMATU) will join South Africans in celebrating International Nurses Day on 12 May 2015. “IMATU represents nurses and midwives in the municipal sector and today provides a platform to celebrate these healthcare practitioners and the contributions they make to our health sector on a daily basis,” said IMATU […]
This is an update on the status of the current wage negotiations. The parties have been locked in three days of intense discussions and today completed the second round of wage negotiations. At the end of this round, both SALGA and the trade unions revised their positions as follows: Trade Union Position: Salary increase: • […]
The Independent Municipal and Allied Trade Union (IMATU) concluded the first round of the 2015/2016 wage negotiations today, in Johannesburg. “While negotiations have been ongoing, South African Local Government Association (SALGA) has not made any substantive changes to their original proposal. IMATU simply cannot accept an opening wage offer of less than inflation. Our members, […]
- Applications for the 2015 IMATU-Discovery/LA HEALTH Bursary Scheme closed on 16 February 2015. We are glad to announce that all 100 bursaries have been awarded!
- The IMATU National Special Recruitment Campaign will be running from 1 April 2015 – 31 May 2015
- The second round of the 2015/2016 Wage Negotiations took place on 21 – 23 April 2015 in Durban.
- The next round of wage negotiations is scheduled for 26, 27 and 28 May 2015 in Cape Town.
- The Minister of Cooperative Governance and Traditional Affairs (COGTA) has, in terms of Section 36 of the Regulations on Appointment and Conditions of Service of Senior Managers, issued a notice (GG Notice No 38740-26/04/2015) determining the Local Government Remuneration Framework packages payable to Municipal Managers and Managers directly accountable to Municipal Managers with effect from 1 July 2015.
- The Labour Relations Act 66 of 1995 has been amended by the Legal Aid Act 39 of 2014 with effect from 1 March 2015.
To download a particular document, click on it’s name.
For a list of all documents available, click on the “View all documents” button.