IMATU has accepted the facilitator’s proposal, in principle.
We have, this morning, communicated our acceptance of the proposal to all the negotiating parties and the bargaining council. We further indicated that our acceptance of the proposal is subject to the following:
That a technical working group be convened to craft a mutually acceptable salary and wage collective agreement; and
In the event that any party does not accept the facilitator’s proposal we reserve the right to withdraw our acceptance and revert to our position prior to the issuing of the facilitator’s proposal.
The Independent Municipal and Allied Trade Union (IMATU) has accepted the Facilitator’s Wage Increase Proposal. “While we submitted our acceptance of the Facilitator’s Proposal today, our acceptance is in principle, and subject to all parties accepting the Proposal. In addition, our acceptance is subject to parties convening a technical working group to craft a mutually […]
The Independent Municipal and Allied Trade Union (IMATU) will be joining fellow South Africans in celebrating Mandela Day on 18 July 2015. “Each year we are reminded of the 67 years of his life that the late Nelson Mandela gave fighting for the rights of humanity, equality, justice and democracy all South Africans enjoy today. […]
The key aspects of the conciliator’s proposal are as follows: Across the Board Salary Increase A three year salary and wage agreement which is to be structured as follows: • Year 1 (2015/2016): A salary increase of 7%. • Year 2 (2016/2017): A salary increase of CPI plus 1%. • Year 3 (2017/2018): A salary […]
The Conciliator’s Proposal in the 2015/16 Local Government Wage Dispute was received on Monday, 6 July 2015 and is being distributed throughout the organisation’s regional structures. IMATU members are encouraged to attend their Regional feedback meetings over the next two weeks to receive comprehensive explanations and voice their opinions regarding acceptance or non-acceptance of the […]
- Applications for the 2015 IMATU-Discovery/LA HEALTH Bursary Scheme closed on 16 February 2015. We are glad to announce that all 100 bursaries have been awarded!
- The IMATU National Special Recruitment Campaign will be running from 1 April 2015 – 31 May 2015
- The second round of the 2015/2016 Wage Negotiations took place on 21 – 23 April 2015 in Durban.
- The next round of wage negotiations is scheduled for 26, 27 and 28 May 2015 in Cape Town.
- The Minister of Cooperative Governance and Traditional Affairs (COGTA) has, in terms of Section 36 of the Regulations on Appointment and Conditions of Service of Senior Managers, issued a notice (GG Notice No 38740-26/04/2015) determining the Local Government Remuneration Framework packages payable to Municipal Managers and Managers directly accountable to Municipal Managers with effect from 1 July 2015.
- The Labour Relations Act 66 of 1995 has been amended by the Legal Aid Act 39 of 2014 with effect from 1 March 2015.
To download a particular document, click on it’s name.
For a list of all documents available, click on the “View all documents” button.