The parties to the SALGBC’s National Bargaining Committee have agreed to resolve the deadlock on the MCA negotiations on the following basis:
• All amendments to the MCA that the parties have reached agreement on will be implemented.
• In respect of those parts of the MCA that the parties cannot reach agreement on, the status quo will remain.
• The Housing Allowance is to be dealt with in the wage negotiations / IMATU’s housing allowance dispute.
• The final document is to be converted into a facilitator’s proposal for all parties to obtain a mandate.
• The return date for all parties to indicate their acceptance or non-acceptance of the facilitator’s proposal is 10 April 2015.
The facilitator’s proposal which outlines the areas of agreement and areas of non-agreement in detail will be circulated to all Regions for a mandate once we receive it from the facilitator.
Members will be kept informed as the matter progresses.