• An across the board salary increase of 15% or R4 000-00, whichever is the greater;
• The current minimum wage to increase to R9 625-00;
• A single year agreement only;
• All benefits, allowances and conditions of service to also increase by 15%;
• The housing allowance to be increased to R1 800-00 per month and be extended to all employees (irrespective of whether they own or rent a house). This allowance must also increase every year, by the same percentage as the salary increase.
As previously reported, the first round of wage negotiations will take place on 2, 3 and 4 March 2015.
The SALGBC has appointed Prof Attie Van der Merwe as the facilitator for the wage negotiations.
Members will be kept informed as the matter progresses.