In line with the agreed wage negotiations time-table, the trade unions have today submitted their joint wage demands for the 2018/2019 financial year in respect of all employees under the registered scope of the SALGBC.
The demands submitted are as follows:
1. An across the board salary increase of 15% (fifteen percent) or R3 155 (three thousand one hundred and fifty five rand), whichever is the greater.
2. The minimum wage to be increased to R10 000 (ten thousand rand), per month.
3. The housing allowance to be increased to a flat rate amount of R2 000 (two thousand rand) per month and extended to all employees.
4. As a condition of service, all benefits and conditions of service linked to salaries to increase by the same percentage as the across the board salary increase.
5. The above demands are in respect of a single year agreement for the 2018-2019 financial year only.
In terms of the SALGBC’s time-table, the first round of negotiations shall take place on 4 and 5 December 2017, under the auspices of a CCMA accredited facilitator, Mr Moe Ally.
Members will be kept informed of any further developments.